Biblical – Reformed – Confessional
Covenant Reformed Baptist Church is committed to the historic Christian faith revealed in Holy Scripture and expressed in the Creeds of the church universal and in the Confessions of the Reformation. We hold to The London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689 as our statement of faith.
- Scripture Alone (Sola Scriptura) – We affirm the inerrant Scripture to be the sole source of written divine revelation, which alone can bind the conscience. The Bible alone teaches all that is necessary for our salvation from sin and is the standard by which all Christian behavior must be measured.
- Christ Alone (Solus Christus) – We affirm that our salvation is accomplished by the mediatorial work of the historical Christ alone. His sinless life and substitutionary atonement alone are sufficient for our justification and reconciliation to the Father.
- Grace Alone (Sola Gratia) – We affirm that in salvation we are rescued from God’s wrath by His grace alone. It is the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit that brings us to Christ by releasing us from our bondage to sin and raising us from spiritual death to spiritual life.
- Faith Alone (Sola Fide) – We affirm that justification is by grace alone through faith alone because of Christ alone. In justification Christ’s righteousness is imputed to us as the only possible satisfaction of God’s perfect justice.
- To the Glory of God Alone (Soli Deo Gloria) – We affirm that because salvation is of God and has been accomplished by God, it is for God’s glory and that we must glorify Him always. We must live our entire lives before the face of God, under the authority of God and for His glory alone.